PGA Qualified Advanced Golf Professional
Matt is a PGA Qualified Advanced Golf Professional and coaches all levels of player from beginner to Pro. He began his professional career at Chingford Golf Course in 2004. After gaining his PGA degree he moved he moved to South Essex Golf Centre in 2008 where he spent 4 years as Head Coach. In 2012 he moved to North Weald Golf Course and has been Head Coach at Rivenhall Oaks and Director of Golf. Since 2018 he has been Golf Development Professional at South Essex Golf Centre.
As a coach he focuses on improving your game by 4 shots over the next 12 months. To do this he focuses on good fundamentals, an on plane swing, a good understanding of your strengths and weaknesses with a particular focus on an effective short game and playing skills
A Mind Factor Certified Coach
Do you want to improve YOUR MIND FACTOR? Matt is a qualified Mind Factor coach and can help your game perform better on the course where it counts.
It is now beyond a shadow of a doubt that to be the best you can be, involves a COMBINATION of training BOTH Mind and Body. The MIND FACTOR is a PROVEN and PRACTICAL approach to performance coaching that understands the role of the mind in sport and how to get the very best out of yourself and your clients.
Brought to you by Karl Morris, one of Europe’s leading Performance Coaches who has worked with and achieved success with 6Major winners and over a 100 PGA Tour, European Tour, LPGA and Ladies European Tour golfers.
The MIND FACTOR has consistently produced outstanding results for clients at ALL LEVELS of sport and business with a practical and applicable approach based on real world experience as opposed to classroom theory. No matter what level of the game you play, we can HELP you become a better player have a more enjoyable EXPERIENCE.
Golf Coaching Options
- His playing career has included playing collegiate golf in the USA, PGA Regional and National golf, Final British Open Qualifying, Europro and other mini tours
- He has won 12 professional tournaments and continues to play competitively.
- Some of the highlights holing a 40 foot putt on the last to win his first professional event at Kings Hill GC & winning the Blakes Pro-am by having 6 birdies in the last 7 holes.
- Matt played golf from a young age developed his game at Upminster Golf Club. He attended Mercer University in Georgia for 4 years on a golf scholarship
- He has also has been a Today’s Golfer Elite Coach and Lead Coach with the Essex County Academy program
- He is a contributor to Essex Golf magazine & has published an instruction book
- He has so far given over 14,000 coaching sessions.
Professional Development & Certifications
- Mind Factor Certified by Karl Morris
- Advanced PGA Professional- Accredited by the PGA
- Trackman University & Flighscope
- True Temper approved Fitter
- Golf Smith Qualified Advanced Club Fitter
- Instinctive Golf with Kendal McWade
- Understanding the Golfing Machine by Homer Kelley
- Coaching Tri-Golf & Golf Extreme
- TPI Golf Fitness & Fundamentals of Movement by Bob Wood
- Aimpoint Green Reading with Jamie Donaldson
- Coaching Elites, Professionals, & Tour Players,
- Passion for the Short Game by Gary Smith
- Analyzing your Coaching by Steve Orr
- National Coaching Conferences inc David Leadbetter & Chuck Cook
- Developing a Professional Teaching Business & Smart Pro by Sarah Claridge
- Agronomy & Introduction to Green keeping
- PGA Advanced Refereeing
- First Aid Qualified & Child Protection Qualified
- Many more.
Arrange Golf Lessons with
Matt Stables PGA
Whatever the standard of your game I can help you to reach the next level and increase your enjoyment, confidence and consistency.